VENDORS: INFORMATION & FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We think you'll find the Gunnison Farmers Market a great
place to sell your produce or goods. Vendors tell us that they do well
here and that they like the customers, who represent a nice mix of locals
and tourists. Our market volunteers help vendors unload and set up in
the morning, assist with relief and services during the day, and help
them take down and load in the afternoon. Each week features live entertainment
and special events to help bring in customers.
all of these benefits and amenities, it's easy to see why many of our
vendors say that the GFM is their favorite market.
When you're ready to sell at the Gunnison Farmers Market,
you can either (a) download
a copy of the Vendors Packet (you will need a pdf reader
such as Adobe Reader® to view the packet) or (b) request
a copy of the packet by mail (it will be sent to you free of charge).
The packet includes an application, the market handbook and tips for vendors.
To assist you in becoming a GFM vendor, here are some of
our most frequently asked questions (and answers). If you have additional
questions, please give us a call or send us an e-mail message - this FAQ
list is frequently updated.
- Q: What is the GFM season, and what are the market's hours?
- A: The GFM season begins on June 22 and continues outdoors until Oct
5. The market moves indoors to the county fairgrounds through Nov. 2.
Market hours will be Saturday: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Q: What produce and goods can I sell at the GFM?
- A: For a complete answer, please see our market handbook. Briefly,
the market accepts the following:
- produce grown or raised in Colorado
- processed foods (e.g., breads, preserves, canned goods) produced
in Colorado in a licensed kitchen
- arts and crafts hand-made in Colorado
- related merchandise, even if not made in Colorado (e.g., if you
were selling Colorado-made wine, you could sell imported corkscrews)
- Q: Do I need to enroll as a GFM vendor before I can begin selling?
- A: Yes - we need to make sure that you have proper insurance, certification
(license), and that your produce and/or goods meet the market's requirements.
- Q: How long does it take to process my application before I can begin
- A: At least a week - for example, if you wanted to begin selling on
Saturday, June 22, we would need your completed application by Friday,
- Q: How will I know if my application is accepted?
- A: The market manager will call and/or e-mail you with any questions
about your application. Once it's accepted, we will call or e-mail you
to let you know, to answer any questions you may have, and see if there
is anything we can do to help you get started.
- Q: How do I apply?
- A: Our GFM Vendor Packet includes the application form and all of
the information you'll need, as well as valuable information about how
to run a successful booth. You can download
a copy of the packet, or we will be glad to
mail you a copy at no charge.
- Q: What about insurance and liability?
- A: In order for your application to be accepted, you will need to
indemnify the GFM and the City of Gunnison. You can do this by providing
us with either (a) a waiver (a copy of which is included in the vendor
packet) or (b) proof of insurance. The vendor packet includes information
about potential insurers.
- Q: Can non-profits apply to partipate at the market?
- A: Yes, non-profit organizations are welcome to submit an
application to have a booth at the market. The Board of
Directors will review all applications and invite those organizations
that directly support the letter and spirit of the market’s goals
to participate. Organizations promoting political or religious views,
individuals or causes will not be allowed at the market.
- Q: Is there a way to communicate with other vendors and market staff?
- A: We have a mailing list for just this purpose and it's open to anyone
who is interested in the GFM. To join it, go to our
sign-up page, fill in your e-mail address and name, and click on
the "Submit" button. In a short time, you will receive a confirming
e-mail - once you confirm your membership, you're in.
All photos Copyright© 2005-2010 by the Gunnison Country
Times - All rights reserved
All other materials Copyright© 2005-2010 by the Gunnison Farmers Market
- All rights reservedJ